- About Bent Creek
- Special Events
- First Call Wine Club
- Bent Creek Calendar
Bent Creek Winery
Grilled Turkey Breast with Spanish Rub and Orange Sauce
For brining the turkey
2 quarts water
1/2 cup kosher salt
1/2 cup sugar
1 turkey breast with bone, 4 to 5 pounds
Place all ingredients in large bowl and stir until dissolved.
Add turkey breast, cover and brine for at least 45 min in the refrigerator.
For the Spanish Spice Rub
6 tablespoons Spanish paprika
2 tablespoons ground cumin
1 tablespoon ground mustard
4 teaspoons ground fennel seeds
4 teaspoons ground black pepper
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1. Heat grill to medium-high. Remove turkey from the brining solution, rinse well under cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Rub the skin side of the turkey with the rub.
2.Oil the grates of the grill. Place the turkey on the grill, rub side down and grill until slightly charred and a crust has formed, about 4 to 5 minutes.
3.Reduce the heat of the grill to medium, turn the turkey over and continue cooking, with the lid closed for 50 to 70 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the breast registers 155 degrees F (the temperature will continue to rise off the heat).
4. Remove from the heat, loosely tent with foil and let rest 10 minutes before slicing. Slice into 1/2-inch thick slices.
5.While the turkey is grilling, prepare the Sour Orange Sauce.
For the Sour Orange Sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium Spanish onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
2 cups fresh orange juice
2 teaspoons grated orange zest
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons honey
4 cups chicken stock
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and cook until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the orange juice, zest, and lime juice and cook until the mixture is reduced to about 1/2 cup.
- Stir in the honey. Add the chicken stock and cook until it's reduced to a sauce consistency, about 2 cups.
- Strain the sauce into a bowl, whisk in the butter, and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the thyme and parsley and serve hot.
Garnish: Grilled Oranges (optional)
4 oranges, halved
Flat leaf parsley
While turkey is resting, brush the cut side of oranges with oil and place cut side down on the grill and grill until slightly charred.
Ladle sour orange sauce onto a platter and top with the sliced turkey.
Garnish with grilled oranges and parsley leaves.