- About Bent Creek
- Special Events
- First Call Wine Club
- Bent Creek Calendar
Bent Creek Winery
Bob's Brunswick Stew
2 half chicken breast, smoked
(3) 14 oz. cans of chicken stock
(1) 12 oz. can of diced tomatoes with juice
2/3 cups diced onion
1 TBS dry mustard
2 TBS rice wine vinegar
1 TBS Worcestershire Sauce
1 tsp ground black pepper
(1) 8 oz. can creamed corn
2 TBS ketchup
2 to 3 TBS barbeque sauce
Hot sauce to taste
Sea salt to taste
1. Smoke the chicken on a BBQ using hickory or oak chips.
2. When done, remove and reserve the chicken skin and pull the meat off the bones. Chop the skin and shred the meat very fine.
3. Put the bones and the chicken stock in a large pot and simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Remove and discard the bones. Add the skin, tomatoes, onion, mustard, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and black pepper and simmer for 30 minutes.
5. Stir in the chicken, corn, ketchup, barbeque sauce, and hot sauce.
6. Bring stew to simmer. Simmer for another 30 minutes, stirring often so the stew doesn't stick to the bottom of the pot.
7. Taste and season with salt.
8. Serve with Bent Creek Petite Sirah. Enjoy!