- About Bent Creek
- Special Events
- First Call Wine Club
- Bent Creek Calendar
Bent Creek Winery
GRILL-ROASTED PORK LOIN WITH MAPLE-MUSTARD GLAZE
For the pork loin
6 T. salt
1 boneless center-cut pork loin (2 1/2 to 3 pounds, tied)
2 T. olive oil
1 1/2 T. coarsely ground black pepper
For the maple-mustard glaze
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 cup whole grain mustard
1 tsp. soy sauce
1. At least 8 hours before grilling dissolve the salt in 3 quarts of water. Place the pork loin in the salt-water mixture. Make sure that the salt water covers the loin. Cover and refrigerate for 8 to 24 hours.
2. An hour before grilling, remove the pork loin from the brine, rinse in cold water, pat dry, and allow to come to room temperature.
3. Set the pork loin on a sheet of plastic wrap, and rub it all over with the olive oil. Sprinkle with the pepper and then lift up the plastic wrap to press the pepper into the pork.
4. Prepare your charcoal or gas grill to cook the pork.
5. Remove the pork loin from the plastic wrap and place it on the grill with the long side of the loin perpendicular to the grill rods. Cover the grill with a lid that has open vents to draw the heat through the grill.
6. Grill for 30 to 45 minutes, depending on the size of the pork loin. An instant-read thermometer should read 135 when the pork loin is done.
7. While the pork is grilling mix the ingredients for the glaze in a medium size bowl. Reserve half of the glaze in a separate container.
8. Brush the pork loin with half of the glaze 5 minutes before you plan to remove it from the grill.
9. Transfer the pork loin to a cutting board. Tent loosely with foil and let it stand for about 15 minutes.
10. Cut the pork loin into 1/4 inch slices and serve it with the remaining glaze.
11. Serve with Bent Creek Red on Red wine. Enjoy!