- About Bent Creek
- Special Events
- First Call Wine Club
- Bent Creek Calendar
Bent Creek Winery
BENT CREEK SLIDERS
Makes 8 sliders
1 lb. lean ground beef or ground sirloin
1 cup crumbled blue cheese
1 tsp. roasted minced garlic or 1 clove minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste
2/3 cup Bent Creek Red on Red wine
1 T. balsamic vinegar
1 yellow onion, sliced
1 tsp. olive oil
3 foot-long hot dog buns
1. If you are grilling with charcoal, start your fire.
2. Pour the wine into a small saucepan; add the balsamic vinegar and simmer over low heat until the wine is reduced by half. Stir occasionally.
3. Spread the olive oil over the bottom of a small saucepan. Add the onions to the pan and saute over low heat until the onions are caramelized golden brown. Stir frequently to prevent charring. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Place the ground beef in a large bowl.
5. Sprinkle the minced garlic, crumbled blue cheese salt and pepper over the meat. Mix them thoroughly into the ground beef.
6. Divide the mixture into 8 parts. Shape into mini hamburgers. If you are grilling with gas, heat your grill.
7. Place the mini burgers on the grill. Baste with the red wine sauce.
8. Grill 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium rare. Baste the burgers with the red wine sauce after you turn them. Save the remaining red wine sauce.
9. Trim the round ends off the hot dog buns. Slice the buns into thirds.
10. Open the buns without splitting them. Spoon 1 tsp. of caramelized onion on the bottom half of each bun. Top with a spoonful of the red wine sauce and a mini burger.
11. Serve with Bent Creek Red on Red wine. Enjoy!